Our Approach to Privacy. Cazt respects your privacy. Our staff, contractors and others who help us operate our Web sites follow this policy on privacy and fair information practices for online activities of Cazt.
A. Overview of Our Policy
The security of your personal information is a high priority at Cazt. We maintain these Web sites and all associated data with technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect against loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, modification and improper disclosure. No computer system or information can ever be fully protected against every possible hazard, but Cazt is committed to providing reasonable and appropriate industry standard security controls to protect our Web sites and their information against foreseeable hazards.
The information you provide helps us, and our partners make the Cazt Sites more useful for you. It also enables us to provide you updates about our services and special offers. When you become a registered member of our site, you may receive email or postal mail from Cazt.
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily provide information in public areas of a Cazt Site, such as the user profile pages, that information can be viewed and possibly used by others, both on the Cazt Sites and potentially on sites operated by our partners (“Partners Sites”). We advise users not to disclose contact information, including phone number, email address, street address or instant messenger address ("Personally Identifiable Information") within these public areas that they do not wish to share.
B. Changes to this Policy
C. About Children
Children under 13. The Cazt Sites are not directed to children under the age of 13. The Cazt Sites prohibits registration by and will not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from anyone under 13. This requirement will be posted at points of data collection within the CaztSites, such as registration for services.
Note to Parents. If you have any concerns about the Cazt Sites or its related services, please contact us by e-mail at cazt.com.
D. Information Collection and Use
Below are more details about the information the Cazt Sites gather from you and how we use it.
1. Email Newsletters and Updates
Cazt Sites and our Partner Sites may periodically send email newsletters and service email updates, such as account activity updates, updates announcing special offers and/or new features to registered users. As part of the Cazt service you will receive these updates. If you want to update your email address or stop receiving any of the updates, follow the procedures at the bottom of any newsletter or update we send you.
2. Membership Registration Information
When you register for membership on one of our sites, we ask for information about you. We do this so we can tailor the site to suit you better. The more information you volunteer, the more we can tailor the site, updates, and promotions to your interests. We may engage third parties to perform analysis or data processing of our databases that involves access to this information in order to better provide you with the services for which you joined (in which case we will take measures to ensure that such parties are contractually required to keep the information confidential and not to use it other than in a manner that is necessary to perform their work for Cazt).
We may also use or disclose your membership registration or other Personally Identifiable Information as follows:
• Service Providers. We sometimes offer our members other services provided by third parties. When you register for membership on a Cazt Site or activate a service by accepting an offer or clicking on a particular service link (e.g., email) on our sites, you may be automatically registered to receive the free services we offer, and/or you may elect to sign up for certain fee-based services and your Personally Identifiable Information may be shared by Cazt with those third-party service providers. By becoming a member of the offered service you authorize us and our third-party service providers to send you email updates and information about promotions and special offers. We take care to require that our third-party service providers only use our member’s data as necessary to provide the particular service requested and to give you updates on that service provider’s products and services.
• Co-registration with Other Sites. As a member, we may offer you the ability to co-register with select third-party Partner Sites. In some instances where Cazt provides co-registration, the co-registration partners allow you to opt-out of their membership. If you choose to co-register with our partners and accept their terms of service, then you are automatically registered as a member of their select web sites and your Personally Identifiable Information is shared with those organizations. As a result, you may receive information from one of these web sites as any of their members would. We advise you to review their privacy and data collection policies for further information. We are not responsible for the use of your Personally Identifiable Information by any such service provider. In order to cancel your membership with any of these partners you will need to go directly to the partner’s site.
• Third Party Search Engines. When you create and submit a public profile to Cazt, you authorize Cazt to publicly disclose such information through the Cazt website as well as other third party search engines and websites.
E. When You Purchase a Service from Cazt
When you purchase a service from Cazt, you will be required to provide us with certain contact information, including your name, email address and billing address. We also require other information necessary to process your payment (such as a credit card and expiration date). We may use the information you provide us to bill you for products and services you have requested, or to notify you of additional products and services available to you. By becoming a member, you agree that we may share this information with our service providers, which may include banks and credit card companies we use to process your transaction.
- Third party vendors, including Google, show Cazt ads on sites on the internet.
G. Sites You Visit
As you access our Partner Sites and browse around the Cazt Sites, Cazt may store information about which pages and which Partner Sites you visit and other information presented in your browser's URL address line, including your IP address. Cazt will use this information to help determine what our users are most interested in.
H. Other Third Parties
Cazt may share non-personal, aggregate, or summary, information regarding our users with other third parties not mentioned in this policy. This kind of information does not identify you individually, but is often used to provide general demographics or statistics.
I. Merger or Acquisition
In the event of a business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of substantially all or a portion of our assets (including a website owned by us), you agree that Cazt may transfer your Personally Identifiable Information to a third party as a part of such merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale.
J. Legal Authorities
The Cazt Sites may also disclose Personally Identifiable Information in cases when we have reason to believe that it is necessary to identify someone who may be violating Cazt’s Terms and Conditions Agreement or may be causing injury to Cazt’s rights or property, other users, or anyone else. The Cazt Sites may disclose Personally Identifiable Information of our users to law enforcement, other government officials or third parties in order to comply with applicable law or legal process (e.g. a court order or subpoena) or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
K. Access to Other Sites Through Cazt
1. Our Partner Sites
You should be aware that when you are on a Cazt site, you will have the opportunity to visit, or link to, other sites associated with Cazt. These sites are identified as our "Partner Sites" These sites are not owned or operated by Cazt.
2. Linking to Other Sites
We understand that security is of primary importance to our users. The Cazt Sites use diligent efforts to protect the security and integrity of the information you provide to us once it is received on our systems. However, when you submit information about yourself to the Cazt Sites over the Internet, the information may travel over many systems that are not under the control of Cazt. We take the protection of user data very seriously and to that end provide extra assurances that your information will not be intercepted. In the case of payment pages, for example, the credit card information you submit is protected by secure servers. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to protect sensitive information such as your credit card number and a series of firewalls to protect our internal systems. You should recognize that, while it is reported to be more secure to process credit card purchases through such systems than many other traditional means, there is no such thing as perfect security on the Internet.
M. Changing or Updating Your Information
To change or update your account information such as your interests or what you are doing now, please use the "My Profile" link to change your profile page at Cazt.
We reserve the right to send you customary business communications (i.e. renewal notifications, new product offerings, general system and administrative messages, address confirmations, etc.) without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them. However, we provide you with the opportunity to elect not to receive other types of communications as follows:
• Newsletters. You may cancel participation in any email newsletter or account update by following the instructions at the bottom of each email.
Still Have Questions?
The Casting Project, LLC
2110 Artesia Blvd., Unit 347, Redondo Beach, CA 90278
Effective Date: December 14, 2007